Naïssam Jalal - Banlieues Bleues
Next broadcasts Wednesday, November 30 at 07:45 on Mezzo
- Friday, December 2 at 02:00 on Mezzo
- Thursday, December 8 at 20:30 on Mezzo
- Saturday, December 10 at 02:30 on Mezzo
- Sunday, December 11 at 04:50 on Mezzo
- Monday, December 12 at 07:10 on Mezzo
- Saturday, December 17 at 05:55 on Mezzo
- Sunday, December 18 at 07:35 on Mezzo
- Monday, December 19 at 05:15 on Mezzo
- Saturday, December 24 at 03:40 on Mezzo
- Sunday, December 25 at 04:00 on Mezzo
- Monday, December 26 at 07:50 on Mezzo
The flautist continues her search for meaning with a dream quartet to approach the mystical and spiritual side of jazz.
From her early days, Naissam Jalal has been oscillating between the West, symbolized by the traverso she studied at the Conservatory, and the East, represented by the ney, which she studied with great masters in Damascus and Cairo.
In residence at the Dynamo, she sets a new objective: to integrate improvised modal jazz with non-western traditions, like the Arab dhikr, the Indian raga, and Gnawa trance.
A specialist of the genre, drummer and percussionist Hamid Drake immediately recognized in her the ability he himself acquired alongside Don Cherry and Pharoah Sanders.
He is now part of the adventure.
- Naissam Jalal (INTERPRETE)
- Leonardo Montant (INTERPRETE)
- Claude Tchamitchian (INTERPRETE)
- Harmid Drake (INTERPRETE)
Recording: March 18 2017 - Saint-Denis, France
Director: Gilles Le Mao
Would you like to see this program?